Work-Trade & VolunteeringWe seek responsible, self-starting and caring humans to help us grow.
Work-Trade & Volunteering
Rainforest Healing Center offers work-trade and volunteer opportunities in Peru in exchange for living accommodations for SELECT individuals interested in the participation of Ayahuasca ceremonies, self-healing modalities, and/or permaculture knowledge. We are looking for a FAIR ENERGY EXCHANGE.
WE OFFER WORK TRADE IN EXCHANGE FOR SHARED OCCUPANCY HOUSING ACCOMMODATIONS, FOOD, AND AVAILABLE AYAHUASCA CEREMONIES.
What We Ask of You
- Commit to a two-month minimum stay.
- Willingness to collaborate and work as a team
- Be humble, caring, open-hearted and minded
- Leave drama, bickering, unproductive anger or animosity at home
- Be willing to step outside your comfort zone to help people in their healing processes
- Be able to lift and carry up to 30-lbs (14 kg) over distance
What We Provide You
- An opportunity to apprentice or help facilitate in up to 6 Ayahuasca ceremonies per month (if groups are available), where you would be helping guests and our Shaman or Curandero/a in ceremonies.
- The opportunity to ‘clock out’ of society and immerse yourself back into nature where ultimate self-healing can be obtained.
- The rewarding gift of selfless service to help eradicate ego or selfish nature. The act of offering services with no expectations in return helps to purify the heart. When we truly give, we are connected back to our heart space, often resulting in a heighten sense of joy and awareness of our true Self. The yogis call this act ‘Karma Yoga.’
- Accommodations are in a shared tambo on the property near the old kitchen or in the loft of the new kitchen. You’ll have access to a bathing area and compost toilet.
- All meals, water, and tea will be provided for volunteers and we encourage all to stay on the dieta while guests are present.
- Depending on availability, discounted Ayahuasca ceremonies or Master Plant diets if your minimum stay is achieved.
Typical Responsibilities Include
We ask all volunteers to be willing to wake up early and start the day around sunrise. Depending on the duties allocated, we expect volunteers to work an average of 6 hours a day for 6 days a week. The schedule, duties, and responsibilities may change when retreats are in session, so flexibility is key.
- Trips into town (Iquitos/Nauta) to purchase food and supplies.
- Kitchen help: assistance in preparing the menu for the dieta, cooking, serving food, washing dishes, and keeping the area clean.
- Guest services: Setting up and organizing the tambos before guests arrive and during their stay, preparing the Maloca and bathrooms before and after ceremonies, bringing food to dieters (if you’ve previously done an isolation diet).
- Providing energy healing services (if capable/applicable) including: massage, reiki, cranial sacral, yoga, art therapy, etc. (tips from guests will be encouraged to offset the cost of your stay and you may provide this in exchange for medicine work at the center)
- Sign Language interpreting (if applicable) for all Deaf and Hard of Hearing guests during group and one-on-one sessions, meal times, ceremonies (basic needs), and when specifically requested. This is not a ‘typical’ interpreting assignment and we ask for flexibility. (Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this specific volunteer position.)
- Lending a helping hand around the property for basic upkeep and construction (if applicable).
- We ask that volunteers commit to a two-month minimum stay.
- Price per month is $600.00 and non-refundable.
- All volunteers/workers are required to pay the full amount to secure your position.
** We request this payment contribution event of a no-show, late cancellation, insufficient work effort, or broken equipment or tools. If the amount of labor you are contributing does not cover what it costs the center to house and feed you, then your presence here is hurting, not helping. The payment is non-refundable and is an investment to show your sincerity about working hard and contributing to the healing center.
Give It Your All
We all work very hard and we ask that all volunteers put their heart and soul into their work. What you put in, you will gain in return. NO slackers! This is not Club Med! This is an excellent and rare opportunity to be immersed in and reap the benefits of the powerful indigenous wisdom and healing forces of the Amazon rainforest and to grow a soul family in the process!
Thank you in advance for your labor of LOVE!!
WWOOF, WorkAwayers, Work-Trade Application
Rainforest Healing Center offers work-trade and volunteer opportunities in Peru in exchange for living accommodations for those who are interested in the participation of permaculture experience, off-grid living, plant Medicines (Ayahuasca) and other healing modalities.
We ask that all volunteers commit to a two-month minimum stay. If you are applying for a work-trade position in exchange for ceremonies, you must understand this can be challenging at times. Priority will be given to those who have experience working with Ayahuasca or Master Plants.
This is a highly sought after position and we are looking for specific skills and abilities. Please answer the questions as honestly as possible so we can get to know you better!
We receive tons applications from many eager volunteers on a daily basis, and only accept a maximum of 2 volunteers each month. Please understand that payment is due prior to arrival and it is non-refundable.