Retreat Terms & ConditionsA little legalese for you to review and agree to when applying for a retreat or stay
We are pleased you have decided to embark on a journey to (re)discover the joy of love, and it is our goal to guide you through a safe, positive, and transformational life experience. It is our experience and a longstanding Amazonian jungle tradition to follow certain precautions and dietary restrictions both before and after an Ayahuasca ceremony. We ask you to abide by these precautions, restrictions, and this Agreement for your safety and in order to ensure a positive experience. We take your safety seriously and hope you understand the precautions and restrictions accordingly.
Privacy Note: The information you provide us will be kept in strict confidence. Unless required by law or for resolution of any dispute, we will not disclose, sell, or in any form communicate your personal information to a third party.
I. Terms and Conditions
- I am aware that this Workshop with Rainforest Healing Center (“RHC”) involves the use of Ayahuasca and other Amazonian medicinal plants (e.g. Chiric Sanango, Wayracaspi, Uchu Sanango, Huambisa, et al.). I understand that taking these plants may involve emotional and physical reactions, and I agree to take part and abide by the terms and conditions in this document and/or other instructions given orally or in writing.
- I am aware that Ayahuasca and medicinal plants are psychoactive plants. These psychoactive plants affect the central nervous system by influencing the release of neurotransmitters, and often induce a dreamlike state. The plants are hallucinogens that cause changes in perception, emotional state of mind, thought, and mood that depart from ordinary reality, medically defined as sensory delusions.
- I understand that failure to follow guidelines in this document or avoid anything not compatible with the medicinal plants is my responsibility. I have made the necessary confidential disclosures about my health, medications, use of herbal supplements, and drug use to help ensure my health and safety. I understand that by signing this Agreement I accept full responsibility for participating in a workshop at RHC and do so at my own risk.
- Prior to entry into this Agreement, I have sought medical advice as to the effect of psychoactive plants in combination with my health, any medication, herbal supplements, vitamins, or drugs I use.
- I promise that I am in a physical and mental condition appropriate for ingesting psychoactive plants and understand my responsibility for taking accurate and timely health precautions in consultation with a doctor.
- I agree to notify RHC in writing of any health conditions and have consulted with a doctor prior to signing this Agreement. I agree to promptly notify RHC in writing of any change in my medical circumstances.
- I agree that I will not participate if taking any medication prescribed by a doctor, anything purchased over the counter, or any herbal supplement or vitamin because of the serious health risks and/or possibility of death.
- I promise that my doctor has read this agreement and understands the risks involved but has advised me that it is safe for me to participate in the Workshop given my current medical condition.
- I promise that I have not taken any medications for an amount of time deemed safe and appropriate by my doctor.
- I agree I will not take any over the counter products/medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements of any kind for at least 14 days before my first and 14 days after my last Ayahuasca ceremony.
- I agree I will not drink alcohol or take any drugs (including marijuana) at least 14 days before my first and 14 days after my last Ayahuasca ceremony.
- I agree I will not eat pork or red meat at least 14 days before my first and 14 days after my last Ayahuasca ceremony.
- I agree to ingest only a plant-based diet, fish, chicken, and eggs for at least 7 days before my first and 7 days after my last Ayahuasca ceremony.
- I agree that I will not ingest, use, or engage in any of the following for at least 7 days before my first and 7 days after my last Ayahuasca ceremony.
- a. Salts (e.g. salt, soy sauce, fish sauce)
- b. Sugar or artificial sweeteners (such as Splenda, agave, or even honey)
- c. Caffeine
- d. Animal fat
- e. Dairy products (milk, cheese, yoghurt)
- f. Oils (except coconut/olive oil very sparingly)
- g. Hot spices/ chilies/ pepper
- h. Sexual activity of any kind including masturbation or kissing
- i. Discordant or disagreeing music, reading, or movies
- As a female, I promise to advise RHC staff when I am premenstrual or menstruating. Because of the direct link between hormonal changes and one’s emotional state, RHC staff will better their ability to create a positive environment for you and everyone else with this knowledge. As a female, I promise to consult my doctor and stop the use of oral or implanted contraceptives at least 7 days before my first and 7 days after my last Ayahuasca ceremony.
- Should I decide to leave a workshop held at RHC prematurely, for any reason, RHC is not responsible for any reimbursement of payment.
- RHC is not responsible for and does not consent to any activities we deem dangerous. Dangerous activities include but are not limited to tree climbing, interaction with wildlife, and any other activity not reasonably prudent.
- Overt negativity or negativity directed toward RHC staff or anyone in the group detracts from the overall experience and is cause for expulsion.
- We reserve the right to physically restrain or expel anyone who presents a threat to the safety of themselves or others.
- I promise not to remove any flora or fauna from RHC’s property or surrounding land. Any removal falls under the jurisdiction of local authorities and RHC is not responsible.
- I promise not to remove any Shamanic tools, plants, or plant infusions from RHC.
- RHC reserves the right to expel without refund any guest who breaks any of the stated rules and regulations.
- RHC will do its utmost to ensure your safety and comfort within the area of others during the Workshop. I agree to indemnify RHC for any injury or loss of personal property I cause while at RHC.
- RHC is not liable for the injury or loss of personal property of any guest that may occur during or after the Workshop. By purchasing a workshop with RHC and signing this Agreement, I express full understanding of any responsibility for risks I may encounter during a workshop. I absolve RHC, its owners, and employees of any responsibility.
- This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Peru, excluding Peru’s choice-of-law principles, and all claims relating to or arising out of this Agreement, or the breach thereof, whether sounding in contract, tort or otherwise, shall likewise be governed by the laws of Peru, excluding Peru’s choice-of-law principles.
- Entire Agreement: This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no representations (oral or written), inducements, or other provisions other than those expressed within this Agreement. All changes, additions, or deletions must be in writing and signed by all parties.