Rainforest Healing Center Chakra Alegría de Amor offers work-trade and volunteer opportunities in Peru in exchange for living accommodations for SELECT individuals interested in the participation of Ayahuasca ceremonies, self-healing modalities, and/or permaculture knowledge. We are looking for a FAIR ENERGY EXCHANGE.
WE OFFER WORK TRADE IN EXCHANGE FOR SHARED OCCUPANCY HOUSING ACCOMMODATIONS, FOOD, AND AVAILABLE AYAHUASCA CEREMONIES.
- We ask that all volunteers commit a six-week minimum stay.
- For work trade opportunities on our Permaculture Farm only, we are looking for leaders or those who have taken a Permaculture Design Course (PDC). We will take care of all food, water, and accommodations in this magical part of the Amazon Rainforest in exchange for your hard work and dedication to this project. YOU MUST HAVE A PDC TO BE ACCEPTED.
- For work trade opportunities in exchange for participation in our healing center with plant Medicines, THIS IS A SEPARATE PROGRAM.
In exchange for work-trade and volunteering opportunities, we provide the following:
- We provide the opportunity to apprentice or help facilitate in up to 6 Ayahuasca ceremonies per month (if groups are available), where you would be helping guests and our Shaman in ceremonies, hence partaking in helping people to heal.
- The opportunity to ‘clock out’ of society and immerse yourself back into nature where ultimate self-healing can be obtained.
- The rewarding gift of selfless service to help eradicate ego or selfish nature. The act of offering services with no expectations in return helps to purify the heart. When we truly give, we are connected back to our heart space, often resulting in a heighten sense of joy and awareness of our true Self. The yogis call this act ‘Karma Yoga.’
- Accommodations are in a shared tambo on the property near the kitchen, bathing area, and compost toilet.
- All meals and tea will be provided for volunteers and we encourage all to stay on the dieta while guests are present.
Volunteer and work-trade responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Trips into town (Iquitos/Nauta) to purchase food and supplies.
- Kitchen help: assistance in preparing the menu for the dieta, cooking, serving food, washing dishes, and keeping the area clean.
- Guest services: Setting up and organizing the tambos before guests arrive and the Maloca before ceremonies.
- Permaculture: designing, composting, planting, maintaining, and harvesting crops from the jungle farm, feeding the livestock and animals in the rescue shelter.
- Providing energy healing services (if applicable) including: massage, reiki, cranial sacral, yoga, art therapy, etc…. (tips will be encouraged to offset the cost of your stay)
- Sign Language interpreting (if applicable) for all Deaf and Hard of Hearing guests during group and one-on-one sessions, meal times, ceremonies (basic needs), and when specifically requested. This is not a ‘typical’ interpreting assignment and we ask for flexibility. Please know, we also ask to lend a helping hand around the property if needed. Please contact email@example.com for more information about this specific volunteer position.
We ask all volunteers to be willing to wake up early and start the day around sunrise. Depending on the duties allocated, we expect volunteers to work an average of 6 hours a day for 6 days a week. The schedule, duties, and responsibilities may change when retreats are in session, so flexibility is key.
This is a high demand position and we have limited availability so we ask that you take it seriously…
We all work very hard and we ask that all volunteers put their heart and soul into their work. What you put in, you will gain in return. NO slackers! This is not Club Med! This is an excellent and rare opportunity to be immersed in and reap the benefits of the powerful indigenous wisdom and healing forces of the Amazon rainforest.
Deposits, costs, duration of service:
- We ask that volunteers commit to a one month minimum stay.
- Price per month is $600.00 and non-refundable.
- All volunteers/workers are required to pay the full amount to secure your position.
**The payment is necessary compensation for the center in the event of a no-show, late cancellation, insufficient work effort, or broken equipment or tools. If the amount of labor you are contributing does not cover what it costs the center to house and feed you, then your presence here is hurting, not helping. The payment is non-refundable to show your hard work and dedication to the healing center.
Thank you in advance for your labor of LOVE!!